April 01, 2021
Oxford County services update
Waste Management Facility and Oxford County Library adjust services in response to Ontario’s emergency brake shutdown
The Oxford County Waste Management Facility and Oxford County Library are adjusting services in response to Ontario’s emergency brake shutdown for the COVID-19 pandemic.
Waste Management Facility
- Effective April 3, the landfill at theWaste Management Facilitywill be closed to residential customers for 28 days, or longer if the provincial emergency brake shutdown is extended. The facility will remain open for commercial customers that serve essential businesses only from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Check for updates at the Waste Management Facility’s Holidays and hours.
Oxford County Library
- In-person browsing of all library material will not be permitted during the province-wide emergency brake shutdown. All branches will return to contactless holds for pick-ups.
- Wireless internet access remains available outside of all 14 library branches and wireless printing is available from personal mobile devices at Ingersoll, Tillsonburg, Norwich, Plattsville, Tavistock and Thamesford. Virtual programs and reader's advisory services remain available.
- Public access computers are currently unavailable but the Library will continue to assess this service and provide computer use when it is safe to do so. Please check www.ocl.net for updates or email email@example.com to set up a library card for access to eBooks, movies, music and more 24/7 from home.
Other Oxford County services continnue to take ongoing precautions for the duration of the pandemic:
- The Oxford County Administration Building and Oxford County Provincial Offences Administration remain closed to walk-in visits. Service is available by telephone, email or, if necessary, pre-booked appointment.
- All three Woodingford Lodge sites are closed to visitors other than designated essential caregivers.
For ongoing updates on Oxford County services visitwww.oxfordcounty.ca/covid-19.