About the budget planning process
The County of Oxford fiscal year is from January 1 to December 31.
Oxford County residents do not pay taxes directly to the County. The County tax levy is added to the tax bill in each area municipality and then transferred to the County from Blandford-Blenheim, East Zorra-Tavistock, Ingersoll, Norwich, South-West Oxford, Tillsonburg, Woodstock and Zorra. Oxford County's annual budget is financed by these tax levies as well as government funding, reserve funding, and fees from development charges, water and wastewater, etc.
Tax levies collected by the County are used to:
- maintain and manage most of the public works infrastructure across the County, including bridges and highways, drinking water, wastewater, and garbage and recycling;
- deliver social services, public health, ambulance, and long-term care services directed by the provincial government;
- provide development and community planning for each area municipality and the County as a whole;
- maintain county-wide information systems, library services and archives; and,
- administer the Provincial Offences Court.