PLEASE NOTE: We are not accepting volunteer applications at this time under Ontario's COVID-19 Response Framework. Please check back when Southwestern Public Health moves to "Green/Prevent" or "Yellow/Protect."
Help brighten the days of our residents!
Woodingford Lodge is always looking for new volunteers to use their skills and enthusiasm to help improve the quality of life for our residents, or to just put a smile on their face.
We're looking for volunteers of all ages and talents. Some ideas include:
- Dutch Club - spreek je nederlands? We could use your help to lead activities in our Dutch Club, as we have a number of residents of Dutch heritage
- Entertainment- Do you play an instrument or love to sing? Share your music with our residents. If you're practicing for a play and want to test it in front of a live audience, our residents would love to see it!
- Men's Club - How about a little male bonding? Talk about sports, cars, beards...guy stuff.
- Gardens Galore - Woodingford Lodge has some fabulous gardens, but we need assistance with helping our residents tend to them.
- Just a visit - we have many residents who would enjoy the chance to connect over a cup of tea.
Other possibilites include making keepsake videos, researching family trees, or anything ideas you can come up with.
Visit the opportunities page for more ideas on ways you can assist our residents. Volunteering at Woodingford Lodge is a great way for secondary school students to earn their volunteer hours.
How to become a volunteer
To start the process, fill out the Volunteer Application Form.
Our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch and will match you with a program that suits your interests, skills and experience. Volunteers will also be required to provide:
- A police check (if you are over 18)
- Two-step TB Test (may be required)
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at Woodingford Lodge and have further questions please call
519-421-5556 ext. 2085.
We look forward to hearing from you!