Tourism Oxford is pleased to announce the new annual Oxford Tourism Awards. It has been a priority for Tourism Oxford to develop an appreciation program to acknowledge the dedicated efforts of the regional tourism operators that excel in what they do.
This award program will recognize the region’s tourism businesses, organizations, and individuals who have displayed excellence in product development, partnerships/collaborations, innovation, inclusiveness, leadership, sustainability, and attraction to the region. The program also recognizes partners who are working collaboratively with Tourism Oxford to grow regional tourism and offer exceptional visitor experiences. Businesses are encouraged to self-nominate or nominate a business they admire.
How to write a strong application
- Assume the judges might not know anything about the nominee, so provide detail when responding to questions.
- Review each question and be sure to address every item within the question in your response.
- Judges use a scoring rubric, and usually judge each question on its own merit (don’t assume that what you put in a previous question will carry forward to the next question for judging purposes).
- Use stats, testimonials, and numbers where possible. (i.e.: increase in customers by 10%; increase in food & beverage sales; the number of partners engaged).
- Indicate how the nominee aligns with local and regional tourism strategies.
- If self-nominating, don’t be afraid to boast about what you do. Be your own champion.
Nominations are open now and close at 12pm March 31, 2022. Nominations can be made for tourism activities in Oxford County within the past three years. Winners will be announced in June 2022.
2022 Nomination Categories