2018 Annual Report
Oxford County's 2018 Annual Report features key achievements, financial information, message from the Warden and the CAO, facts about Oxford and more.
Several projects last year continued County Council's work to advance the vision laid out in its Strategic Plan, "Vibrant communities, working well and growing stronger… together!" Key achievements in pursuit of this vision include:
- the release of the County's zero poverty strategy;
- the opening of the new net-zero Waste Management & Education Centre;
- the advancement of our zero waste strategy through the exploration of new waste technologies; and,
- the release of Oxford County’s proposal for an integrated regional transportation system in southwestern Ontario, a practical alternative to high-performance rail.
Noteworthy successes in 2018 also included:
- Tourism Oxford’s launch of its experiential tourism program;
- a pilot for the Family Transition Program at Woodingford Lodge, the first of its kind in Canada;
- the release of “Oxford Remembers,” which was presented with an Ontario Historical Society award last month;
- award-winning improvements at the Ingersoll wastewater treatment plant; and,
- several more endeavours undertaken with our partners.
The report's Message from the Treasurer notes that Oxford County ended 2018 with an operating budget surplus of $1.8 million, the result of a number of factors including investment income, property assessment adjustments, and savings from unfilled staff vacancies and absences. Overall, the County’s Audited Financial Statements, along with the measures and indicators under its Long Term Financial Sustainability Plan, reaffirm the County’s ability to continue to maintain its strong liquidity position with a moderate debt burden. These are key strengths necessary for financial sustainability.
The visual theme for the 2018 Annual Reportis Oxford’s waters, which pays tribute to this aspect of our natural heritage and reflects constant motion and ebb and flow. With the County facing unique challenges in 2019, as outlined in the Message from the Warden and the CAO, Oxford's resilience, optimism for the future, and partnership approach position us to meet those challenges.
Read the 2018 Annual Report now