February 06, 2017
NutriSTEP volunteer recruitment
Volunteer Position Description
Title: NutriSTEP® Volunteer
Page: 1 of 1
Volunteer Role: Service Delivery
Location: Various locations throughout Oxford County
Reports to: Registered Dietitian (RD)
Team & Service Area: Family and Reproductive Health Team
The volunteer will be needed for three to four sessions from March to June 2017 at various locations throughout Oxford County.
The NutriSTEP® volunteer will assume the responsibilities listed below as well as other duties as requested by the Registered Dietitian.
- Attend a one hour NutriSTEP® training session with Oxford County Public Health Dietitian
- Arrange own transportation to and from NutriSTEP® events
- Distribute NutriSTEP® questionnaires and assist as needed (literacy and scoring)
- Provide standard nutrition information package to participants where necessary
- Provide community Dietitian contact information to participants where necessary
- Direct all general nutrition questions to EatRight Ontario
- Provide verbal feedback to RD at the end of each event, or as necessary if an immediate concern is noted
- Completion of signed volunteer application and volunteer agreement (including police Vulnerable Sector Check)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to listen, speak and write effectively
Reporting cancellation to attend an event
Please call 519-539-9800 ext. 3457 to report any sickness absence in a timely manner so another volunteer can be scheduled as a replacement.
Deadline to apply
February 24, 2017
Submitting your application
Please submit your resume to email@example.com by February 24, 2017.
Download a PDF version of this NutriSTEP volunteer recruitment position description.