June 14, 2017
Council this Week: Highlights from the June 14th County Council agenda
Oxford County prepares for the 2018 budget process
2018 Business plan and budget process
Council will receive the proposed dates for the 2018 special budget meetings on June 14, along with a summary of the public outreach campaign leading into this year’s budget process. For a second year, the County is releasing a survey that asks residents what they think the County’s service priorities should be. What’s new this year is an earlier release date, early summer rather than fall, to give the County more time to consider public feedback, and collaboration with Oxford’s area municipalities so that residents can give feedback on services provided by their town or township. Proposed special budget meetings in 2017 are scheduled for November 15, 22 and 29, with the final budget going to Council for approval at the regular Council meeting on December 13.
Read Council report CS 2017-17 – Draft Budget Schedule and Public Engagement Campaign
2017 Tax policy update
County Council will be asked to pass a by-law on June 14 to set 2017 tax policy that reflects the province’s new tax policy capping tools and a requirement for a new multi-residential property class. The tax policy report to Council is the collective recommendation of all area municipal treasurers and tax collectors and the County Treasurer.
Read Council report CS 2017-15 – Tax Policy Updates
Other reports and presentations
- Presentation – Certificate of Commendation presented to Russell Chase, Oxford County Paramedic Services, for receiving Ontario Award for Paramedic Bravery
- Delegation – Phil Holst, Stewardship Oxford/Reforest Oxford, on the Thames River Wetlands, Hodges Pond and Brick Ponds Wetland
- CP 2017-168 – Application for Draft Plan of Subdivision SB 17-01-2: Oxford Road Development 5 Inc.
- CS 2017-16 – OILC Financing Applications – South-West Oxford, Tillsonburg & Woodstock
- PW 2017-34 – Ingersoll Town Centre Building Automation System
Questions or comments?
Council this Week highlights Council activities for the public, employees and community partners. Please send your questions and comments to email@example.com