April 14, 2020
Help protect Oxford County’s healthcare workers. Donate supplies today
Oxford’s front-line healthcare workers are in need of personal protective equipment
NEWS FROM OXFORD COUNTY'S HEALTHCARE PARTNERS
Oxford County’s front-line healthcare workers need the community’s help. Healthcare workers need personal protective equipment (PPE) so they can continue to care for and protect our community members during COVID-19.
As part of a newly developed, County-wide response strategy to tackle the supply shortage, Oxford County’s healthcare partners are working together to collect and distribute donations of personal protective equipment (PPE) among all healthcare partners working in the Oxford County community.
Download the flyer
This call for donations is being coordinated by the Oxford County Community Health Centre (OCCHC) and Oxford County’s Paramedic Services on behalf of hospitals, paramedics, long-term care workers, primary care physicians and other healthcare professionals. Depending on availability, donations will be distributed daily and weekly based on priority level and/or most urgent need within the community. This team is part of the larger Southwestern Public Health (SWPH) Health System EOC.
What do front-line healthcare workers need?
- Face masks - surgical masks / procedural masks / other types
- Disposable isolation gowns
- Shield masks & headbands / goggles
- N95 masks & filters
- Latex-free gloves – unopened packages preferred
- Hand sanitizer
- Cleaning agents and disinfectant wipes
How to donate supplies
There are two ways to donate: drop-off or pick-up.
- Drop-off at one of the following three central locations:
Oxford County Paramedic Services
377 Mill St.
- Blue drop-off bin. Please use back entrance off of Sales Dr. (accessed via Parkinson Rd. or Juliana Dr.)
Alexandra Hospital Ingersoll
29 Noxon St.
- Drop-off bin located at the east, rear loading dock at the hospital
- 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital
167 Rolph St.
- Yellow drop-off bin located across the street from the hospital, in front of the staff parking lot.
- Arrange a pick-up
- Please contact email@example.com or call 1-800-755-0394, ext. 3550 to arrange a pick-up. Please have details including type of item and quantity ready to assist with arrangements.
For more information about this unified approach to personal protective equipment donation collection, please visit www.oxfordppedonations.ca
Randy Peltz | Executive Director Stephen Edwards | Deputy Chief
Oxford County Community Health Centre Oxford County Paramedic Services
519.539.1111 x 211 | firstname.lastname@example.org 519.539.9800 x 3469 | email@example.com