November 12, 2020
Council this Week: Highlights from the November 12 County Council agenda
2021 Business Plans & Budget, Future Oxford update and more
Note: In observance of Remembrance Day, Oxford County Council has moved to the second Thursday in November from the regularly scheduled second Wednesday. Council meetings are broadcast live at www.oxfordcounty.ca/livestream with recordings posted to www.oxfordcounty.ca/council. Download the full agenda for November 12 here.
2021 Business Plans and Budget
Oxford County Council’s 2021 Business Plan and Budget process begins Wednesday, November 18 with the first of three special budget meetings. Council will consider over the coming weeks a total proposed budget of $271 million, with $68.2 million to be funded through the County’s tax levy (the County share of a homeowner’s municipal taxes). This marks a 2.1% increase over last year.
Highlights from the proposed budget include:
- A proposed capital budget of $66.3 million for infrastructure projects, including wastewater treatment plant upgrades in Tillsonburg, renovations at the Oxford County Courthouse, watermain expansion in northeast Woodstock, County housing building updates and renewals and more.
- $1.4 million in expenses to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. The budget shows this amount offset through $35,000 from reserve funds and the remaining $1.3 million from grant funding, including the Federal-Provincial Safe Recovery Agreement Funding.
- $763,402 in modernization initiatives, with $677,222 from Government of Ontario modernization funding to update service delivery and reduce costs.
- Levies of $4 million for Oxford County Library for all municipalities except Woodstock and a special levy of $95,088 for court security and prisoner transportation to fund a grant for the City of Woodstock.
Special budget meetings will be broadcast live at www.oxfordcounty.ca/livestream:
Wednesday, November 18, 2020 - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Wednesday, November 25, 2020 - 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Monday, November 30, 2020 - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The budget is scheduled before Council for consideration for approval on the regular December 9 meeting.
For more information and to download the Draft 2021 Business Plan and Budget Highlights visit www.oxfordcounty.ca/budget.
Read CS 2020-50 - 2021 Business Plans and Budget
Future Oxford update
County Council receives an update on Future Oxford’s progress to date next Council meeting and an overview of its priorities moving forward. The staff report includes a “report card” showing movement on 65 of its 70 actions to improve quality of life for Oxford’s current and future generations. The report makes special mention of the individuals, organizations, businesses, and governments that have been volunteering their time and effort to help achieve the Future Oxford vision, a vibrant, prosperous, and responsible Oxford for all. In the coming year Future Oxford will focus on refreshing the community sustainability plan and celebrating and recruiting volunteers. For more information visit www.futureoxford.ca.
Read CAO 2020-05 - Future Oxford Progress 2015-2020
Other reports and presentations
- Delegation – Future Oxford Partnership: Future Oxford Progress & Priorities – Bryan Smith and Rick Cox
- Public meeting and CP 2020-280 – Application for Draft Plan of Subdivision SB18-06-4 – Mt. Elgin Developments Inc.
- Public meeting and CP 2020-281 – Application for Official Plan Amendment & Draft Plan of Subdivision OP 19-09-2 & SB 19-04-2 – Mill-Gate Homes Inc.
- Public meeting and CP 2020-282 – Application for Draft Plan of Subdivision SB20-03-2– 1187688 Ontario Limited
- CP 2020-290 – Appeal of a Decision of County Council – OPA 249 File OP 20-06-2 (Jeff and Tracey Feairs)
- CS 2020-48 – Financial Update and Business Plan Review – September
- CS 2020-49 – Reserves Year End Allocations and Policy Review
- CS 2020-52 – 2021 Oxford County Library Business Plan and Budget
- CS 2020-53 – 2021 Court Security Grant Levy
- PW 2020-55 – All-Way Stop at Oxford Road 59 and Oxford Road 8, Hickson
- PW 2020-56 – Proposal to Amend the Food and Organic Waste Policy Statement, Environmental Registry of Ontario Posting No. 019-2498
Questions or comments?
Council this Week highlights Council activities for the public, employees and community partners. Please send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org