September 26, 2018
Council This Week: Highlights from the September 26 County Council agenda
Results from the 2019 Budget survey, credit rating update, and more
2019 Budget public consultation update
A report to County Council on September 26 will share the 2019 Business Plan & Budget survey results specific to Oxford County services. The report summarizes the survey responses from 655 respondents across the County, a 10% increase over last year, and includes more than 1,000 comments and suggestions. Overall, the results showed that 40.5% of people who responded believe they receive good or excellent value for their Oxford County tax dollars, and a majority felt that each of the County services should be at minimum maintained at the current service levels. Long-term care, waste management, and housing were the areas most often flagged for service enhancement.
Read Council report CS 2018-27 - 2019 Budget Public Consultation Update
2018 Credit rating update
County Council will receive at the next Council meeting the Standard & Poor’s Credit Rating Research Update as a performance indicator of the County’s financial management and health. The AA+/Stable rating reflects sound financial results and prudent financial management practices, with the expectation that the County’s robust budgetary performance results will be maintained over the next two years.
Read Council report CS 2018-28 – Credit Rating Review - 2018
2019 Land ambulance response times
The 2019 Land Ambulance Response Time Performance Plan is before Council on September 26. An annual requirement under the Ambulance Act, this year’s report recommends that 2019 response time targets remain unchanged from the 2014-2018 plans to keep Oxford County consistent with other municipalities in Ontario. The annual response time performance plan considers targets using regulatory requirements, supporting medical evidence, and acceptable customer service levels.
Read Council report PS 2018-03 - 2018 Land Ambulance Response Time Performance Plan
Other reports and presentations
- Public meeting - Official Plan Amendment and Draft Plan of Subdivision OP 18-02-2 and SB 18-03-2 - Gateman Homes
- Public meeting - Official Plan Amendment OP 18-05-3 – Michael and Violetta Bell (Evan Van Moerkerke)
- Public meeting - Draft Plan of Subdivision SB 18-01-8 – Tru-Built Construction Inc.
- Delegation – Allan Simm, Community Futures Oxford: Future Oxford Legacy Fund
- CAO 2018-20 - Strategic Plan (2015-2018) - Delivering the Vision
- CP 2018-262 - Applications for Official Plan Amendment and Draft Plan of Subdivision OP 18-02-2 and SB 18-03-2 - Gateman Homes
- CP 2018-269 - Application for Official Plan Amendment OP 18-05-3 – Michael and Violetta Bell (Evan Van Moerkerke)
- CP 2018-273 - Applications for Draft Plan of Subdivision SB 18-01-8 – Tru-Built Construction Inc.
Questions or comments?
Council this Week highlights Council activities for the public, employees and community partners. Please send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org