May 09, 2018
Council this Week: Highlights from the May 9 County Council agenda
2017 Financial statements, pilot testing of driverless vehicles, EV charger study and more
Release of audited financial statements
The County’s 2017 Audited Financial Statements will be before Council on May 9, showing a year-end budget surplus of $2,522,614. The report also presents the County’s 2013-2017 sustainability measures under its 2017 Long Term Financial Sustainability Plan, reaffirming the County’s ability to continue to maintain strong liquidity with a moderate debt burden, which are key strengths necessary for financial sustainability.
Read Council report CS 2018-14 – 2017 Audited Financial Statements
EV Charger feasibility study
County Council will be asked on May 9 to endorse the February 2018 report, Oxford County Feasibility Study: EVSE Data Mapping & Analysis in Support of Oxford County’s Electric Vehicle Accessibility Plan. Prepared by the Canadian Urban Transit and Innovation Consortium (CUTRIC), the report is meant as a guide for both private and public sector investment in electric vehicle charging stations based on traffic patterns, projected growth and other factors. The study furthers the County’s commitment to low-carbon transportation solutions.
Read Council report CAO 2018-08 – Electric Vehicle Charger Feasibility Study and Electric Vehicle Accessibility Plan
Pilot testing of automated vehicles
Ontario’s municipalities are working together under the Ontario Good Roads Association (OGRA) to establish the world’s longest automated vehicle testing corridor, a project in which Oxford County is expected to play a part. Council will consider on May 9 a draft set of preferred routes in Oxford County that would be suitable for automated, or driverless, vehicle testing on public roads. OGRA’s work comes ahead of changes already underway to Ontario regulations allowing the testing of driverless cars, which are seen as a way to decrease GHG emissions, reduce traffic congestion and improve the flow of goods and services.
Read Council report PW 2018-20 – Pilot Testing of Automated Vehicles – Draft Road Network
Other reports and presentations
- Delegation –Glen Gilvesy and Helen and Linda Chipps re: Potters Road - Water and Wastewater Servicing
- Delegation – Southwestern Public Health (Board of Health for Oxford Elgin St. Thomas Public Health)
- CS 2018-11 – Potters Road Sanitary Sewer and Watermain Project
- CAO 2018-07 – Notice of Intent to Consider Procedure By-law Amendments 2018 Updates - Part 2
- CP 2018-88 – Party Status for a Local Planning Appeal Tribunal Hearing Applications for Consent & Minor Variance B17-02-8 to B17-04-8; A17-10-8 – 1266639 Ontario Inc. (Ray Losee)
- CP 2018-124 – Application for Draft Plan of Subdivision SB 17-07-8 – 2593636 Ontario Inc.
- PW 2018-19 – Revised Township of Perth East Water Supply Agreement
Questions or comments?
Council this Week highlights Council activities for the public, employees and community partners. Please send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org