January 13, 2021
Council this Week: Highlights from the January 13 County Council agenda
Strategic Plan update, infrastructure funding and more
Download the full agenda for January 13, 2021
Updated Strategic Plan
County Council’s 2020-2022 Strategic Plan comes forward for adoption on January 13. The Plan, which typically covers the full four-year Council term, was delayed by both the Province’s regional government review and the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. The updated version of the Strategic Plan expands Oxford County’s mission statement to reflect a focus on “community wellbeing”; puts more emphasis on advocacy as a means of addressing the challenges of the future; and re-commits to ongoing projects that strengthen the County’s internet and transportation connectivity.
Read CS 2021-01 – 2020–2022 Oxford County Strategic Plan Update
County Council will review at its next meeting the details of a $659,881 federal/provincial grant and a $182,700 long-term care sector grant to address infrastructure challenges under the COVID-19 pandemic. The grants will be used to fund projects from the County’s 2021 budget that were intended to draw on reserves, including repairs and renovations to seven social housing buildings, infection control modifications to ambulances, window replacements at the County Courthouse, and new flooring and COVID-19-related building modifications at all three Woodingford Lodge sites.
Read CS 2021-02 – Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program – COVID-19 Resilience Infrastructure Stream
Other reports and presentations
- Delegation: Cephas Panschow and Christian Zavarella, South Central Ontario Region Economic Development Corporation (SCOR EDC) – The future of shortline rail in the South Central Ontario Region
- Delegation: Matthew Davidson, Beachville resident – Speed increase on Oxford Rd. 9, Beachville
- Delegation: Cheri Deline, Beachville resident – Ongoing speed concerns in Beachville
- CP 2020-06 – Application for Draft Plan of Condominium and Exemption from Draft Plan Approval CD18-02-8 – 634524 Ontario Inc.
- PW 2021-01 – Implementation of Speed Management and Road Safety Review Recommendations
- CS 2021-03 – 2021 Interim Levy By-law
- HS 2021-01 – Agreement with Woodstock Non-Profit Housing Corporation
Questions or comments?
Council this Week highlights Council activities for the public, employees and community partners. Please send your questions and comments to email@example.com