Share your smiley for your chance to win April 5 - May 3, 2017
Share your 'smiley' for Oral Health Month! Throughout the month of April, share a photo on Snapchat with Oxford County (Snapchat Username: Oxford_County) and friends using the Oxford County Smile Month filter to be entered into a random draw for prizes.
There are two ways to enter:
- Secondary school students will receive one (1) entry into the prize draw by filling out a ballot available at their schools during Public Health’s Smile Month campaign visits, in addition to sharing a photo on Snapchat using the Oxford County Smile Month geofilter available on school property during campaign visits. Secondary school students who book and attend a dental screening with Oxford County Public Health will receive one (1) additional entry into the prize draw, upon completion of the dental screening.
- Visitors to the Oxford County Public Health Dental Clinic will receive one (1) entry into the prize draw by filling out a ballot available at the clinic in addition to sharing a photo on Snapchat posing with the cartoon 'smiley' cut-out available at the Oxford County Dental Clinic.
Please make sure to read the contest rules below:
Thanks for taking part!
Contest rules and regulations
We reserve the right to exclude entries that do not follow the Oxford County Public Health & Emergency Services posting policy. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Messages that contain personal, confidential or protected information (as referenced by the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Personal Health Information Protection Act).
- Inappropriate or offensive material. This includes pornographic or profane material; material that promotes hateful or illegal activity; or content that is not consistent with the principles of the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Posts that use inflammatory, deceptive or off-topic messages that incite argument.
- "Spam," or unsolicited bulk messages.
- Unauthorized sales solicitations for commercial products, services, or personal or home-based businesses.
All content and information collected is for the sole purpose of the Oral Health Month photo contest and will be destroyed on, or before, May 31, 2017.
Contest is open from April 5 - May 3, 2017 and the winners will be selected via random draw. Winners will be contacted via contact information provided on entry ballot. The number of winners of the 2017 Oral Health Month contest will be determined by the availability of prizes.
Employees of Oxford County are not eligible to win, but are encouraged to participate.
Winners of the contest will consent to their names and a photo being shared Oxford County Public Health & Emergency Services and Oxford County social media accounts including Facebook and Twitter. Before we publish your photo, you'll need to fill out the online permission form. It's quick:https://www.oxfordcounty.ca/General/Forms/Photo-Video-Consent-Form. If winners are under 18, a parent must submit the consent form on the winner’s behalf.
By submitting your photo, you agree to the above contest rules and regulations. While every measure will be taken to ensure contest rules are followed, contest applicants agree that Oxford County Public Health & Emergency Services assumes no risk or responsibility for failure to comply to contest rules and regulations.
For dental health tips or programs, visit oxfordcounty.ca/dental, or call 519.539.9800 ext. 3510, or 1.800.755.0394.
Read the full news release here.
Other health promotion
NEW: download a poster for your staff room or clinic
In addition to its services for families and individuals, Public Health works to promote the dental and oral health of the community as a whole through ongoing dental health campaigns, media campaigns, community events and school events.